- Formal name: Access to Justice (ATJ) Grants Program
- Awarded annually since 2007
- Source of funding: public funding from a grant from the District
- Grant year: January 1 to December 31
In 2007, DCBF began awarding grants under the Access to Justice (ATJ) Grants Program when the Council of the District of Columbia designated DCBF as administrator of these funds. ATJ grants support organizations that provide legal assistance in three areas: (a) underserved areas in DC; (b) housing-related matters; and (c) to support a shared legal services interpreter bank. Since 2007, close to $30 million has been awarded to provide critical legal assistance to DC’s poor and underserved.
The application period for the 2019 Access to Justice (ATJ) Grants Program under the categories of Underserved Areas and Shared Legal Services Interpreter Bank is now closed. The grant year is currently running from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. The application materials are below for reference.
- 2019 ATJ Grants Program Overview and Instructions
- PDF of applications (for reference only): Underserved Areas and Shared Legal Services Interpreter Bank
- Word document of Part One Organization Data
- Attachments for Part Two:
- Self-Assessment Toolkit
- Technical Assistance for Online System
Organizations that receive funding through the publicly-funded ATJ Grants Program are required to provide quarterly financial reports and semi-annual programmatic reports. The reporting schedule for FY19 ATJ Grants (January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019) is below, along with the outline for programmatic reporting and the Grant Adjustment Request Form and its attachments. All reports will be completed online through our online grants management system. Grant managers will receive an email notification when these reporting forms are ready to be completed.
- Due Tuesday, April 30, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures and Quarterly Financial Report
- Due Wednesday, July 31, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Quarterly Financial Report and Semiannual Programmatic Report
- Due Thursday, October 31, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Quarterly Financial Report
- Due Friday, January 31, 2020 by 5:00 pm: Quarterly Financial Report (template) and Client Story and Final Programmatic Report (completed in the system).