- Formal name: Access to Justice (ATJ) Grants Program
- Awarded annually since 2007
- Source of funding: public funding from a grant from the District
- Grant year: January 1 to December 31
In 2007, DCBF began awarding grants under the Access to Justice (ATJ) Grants Program when the Council of the District of Columbia designated DCBF as administrator of these funds. ATJ grants support organizations that provide legal assistance in three areas: (a) underserved areas in DC; (b) housing-related matters; and (c) to support a shared legal services interpreter bank. Since 2007, close to $30 million has been awarded to provide critical legal assistance to DC’s poor and underserved.
The application period for the 2018 ATJ Grants Program is now closed. The application was due on Thursday, September 28, 2017. Awards will be announced mid-December. The grant year will begin January 1, 2018 and end December 31, 2018.
- 2018 ATJ Grants Program Overview and Instructions
- PDF of applications (for reference only)
- Word document of Part One Organization Data
- Self-Assessment Toolkit
Organizations that receive funding through the publicly-funded ATJ Grants Program are required to provide financial reports and semi-annual programmatic reports. The reporting schedule for FY17 ATJ Grants (May 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017) is below. All reports will be completed online through our online grants management system. Grant managers will receive an email notification when these reporting forms are ready to be completed.
- Due Friday, October 6, 2017 by 3:00 pm: Four-Month Programmatic Report, Required Signatures, and Four-Month Financial Report
- Due Tuesday, January 30, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Final Programmatic Report, Final Financial Report, and Required Signatures
The reporting schedule for FY18 ATJ Grants Program (January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018) is below, along with the outline for programmatic reporting and the Grant Adjustment Request Form and its attachments.
- Due Monday, April 30, 2018 by 5:00 pm: First Quarter Project Budget
- Due Tuesday, July 31, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Second Quarter Project Budget and Semiannual Programmatic Report
- Due Wednesday, October 31, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Third Quarter Project Budget
- Due Wednesday, January 30, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Client Story, Fourth Quarter Project Budget, and Final Programmatic Report