Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program Grants
- Formal name: Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program
- Legislation passed in late June 2017
- Source of funding: public funding from a grant from the District
- Grant year: January 1 to December 31
The Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program was established by the Council of the District of Columbia through the Expanding Access to Justice Amendment Act of 2017. The legislation designates the DC Bar Foundation to administer this grant program. Grants are awarded exclusively to DC legal aid organizations that are providing legal representation to low-income DC tenants facing eviction proceedings in landlord-tenant court in Washington, DC.
The first round of Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program grants were awarded on January 1, 2018.
The application period for the Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program is now closed. The application was due on Monday, April 2, 2018. Awards were made in mid-June 2018. Below – for reference only – are the links to the application, instructions, and materials for the 2018-2019 CLCPP application.
- 2018-2019 CLCPP Overview and Instructions
- PDF of Application for Reference Only
- Word document of Part One Organization Data
- Attachments for Part Two:
- Self-Assessment Toolkit
- Technical Assistance for Online System
Organizations that receive funding through the publicly-funded CLCPP are required to provide financial reports and semi-annual programmatic reports. The reporting schedule for FY18 CLCPP grants (January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018) is below, along with the Grant Adjustment Request Form.
- Due Monday, April 30, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures and Quarterly Financial Report
- Due Tuesday, July 31, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures, Quarterly Financial Report, and Semiannual Programmatic Report
- Due Wednesday, October 31, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures Form and Quarterly Financial Report Form (Definitions of Terms document for reference)
- Due Wednesday, January 30, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures, Client Story, Quarterly Financial Report, and Final Programmatic Report and Data and Information Requirements