Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program Grants
- Formal name: Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program
- Legislation passed in late June 2017
- Source of funding: public funding from a grant from the District
- Grant year: January 1 to December 31
The Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program was established by the Council of the District of Columbia through the Expanding Access to Justice Amendment Act of 2017. The legislation designates the DC Bar Foundation to administer this grant program. Grants are awarded exclusively to DC legal aid organizations that are providing legal representation to low-income DC tenants facing eviction proceedings in landlord-tenant court in Washington, DC.
The first round of Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program grants were awarded on January 1, 2018.
The 2020 application for the Civil Legal Counsel Projects Program is now closed. Awards will be announced mid-December, with the grant year running from January 1 – December 31, 2020.
- A remote information session is being held on Tuesday, August 20, 2019. Email email@example.com to RSVP.
- 2020 CLCPP Overview and Instructions
- PDF of application for reference only
- Word document of application
- Attachments for Part Two:
- Technical Assistance for Online System
Organizations that receive funding through the publicly-funded CLCPP are required to provide financial reports and semi-annual programmatic reports. The reporting schedule for FY19 CLCPP grants (January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019) is below, along with the Grant Adjustment Request Form.
- Due Tuesday, April 30, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures and Quarterly Financial Report
- Due Wednesday, July 31, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures, Quarterly Financial Report, and Data and information requirements
- Due Thursday, October 31, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures Form and Quarterly Financial Report Form
- Due Friday, January 31, 2020 by 5:00 pm: Required Signatures, Quarterly Financial Report, Final Programmatic Report, and Data and Information Requirements