- Formal name: DC Legal Services Grants Program
- Awarded annually since 1978
- Source of funding: private contributions and IOLTA revenue
- Grant year: January 1 to December 31
The DC Legal Services Grants Program (private grants), which began in 1978 when DCBF was founded, has provided over $25 million in critical operating support to DC legal aid providers. Private grants provide unrestricted funds support to help cover overhead costs, such as rent and client record databases, which are not always covered by other grants these organizations receive. These grants are funded by private contributions and revenue received through the IOLTA program.
The application period for the 2019 Private Grants Program is now closed. Applications were due by 12:00 pm EST on Friday, August 24, 2018. Awards will be announced in mid-December 2018, with the grant year running from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. The application materials are below for reference.
- 2019 Private Grants Program Overview and Instructions
- PDF of application (for reference only)
- Word document of Part One Organization Data
- Self-Assessment Toolkit
- Technical Assistance for Online System
Organizations that receive funding from the DC Legal Services Grants Program (private grants) are required to provide substantive midyear and year-end reports on their accomplishments and the use of the DC Bar Foundation funds. The reporting schedule for FY18 private grants is below. All reports will be completed online through our online grants management system. Grant managers will receive an email notification when these reporting forms are ready to be completed.