- Formal name: DC Legal Services Grants Program
- Awarded annually since 1978
- Source of funding: private contributions and IOLTA revenue
- Grant year: January 1 to December 31
The DC Legal Services Grants Program (private grants), which began in 1978 when DCBF was founded, has provided over $25 million in critical operating support to DC legal aid providers. Private grants provide unrestricted funds support to help cover overhead costs, such as rent and client record databases, which are not always covered by other grants these organizations receive. These grants are funded by private contributions and revenue received through the IOLTA program.
The application period for the 2018 Private Grants Program is now closed. The application was due on Thursday, September 28, 2017. The grant year is January 1, 2018 and end December 31, 2018. The application for 2019 will open summer 2018. Check back for updates.
For reference, below are the instructions and materials from the 2018 application process.
- 2018 Private Grants Program Overview and Instructions
- PDF of application (for reference only)
- Word document of Part One Organization Data
- Self-Assessment Toolkit
Organizations that receive funding from the DC Legal Services Grants Program (private grants) are required to provide substantive midyear and year-end reports on their accomplishments and the use of the DC Bar Foundation funds. The reporting schedule for FY18 private grants is below. All reports will be completed online through our online grants management system. Grant managers will receive an email notification when these reporting forms are ready to be completed.
- Due Tuesday, July 31, 2018 by 5:00 pm: Six-Month Report, Required Signatures and Client Story
- Due Wednesday, January 30, 2019 by 5:00 pm: Final Programmatic Report and Required Signatures