Applications and Reports
The application period for the 2018 Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) is now open. The application is due by 3:00 pm on Thursday, October 26, 2017.
To begin your application, please open this link in Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari: https://www.GrantRequest.com/SID_2334?SA=SNA&FID=35061. Before starting your application, read all of the information on this page and the technical instructions for detail on accessing a saved application and other technical aspects.
Information Sessions: All new LRAP applicants MUST attend an information session. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for one of the following information sessions:
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP (1300 I Street NW, #900)
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 12:30 to 1:30 pm at the Children’s Law Center (501 3rd Street NW, 8th Floor)
Resources and Application Materials: Please read the resources documents below before beginning the application. If your question is still unanswered after reading these documents, then email email@example.com. Also, the application materials necessary for completing the application are available below.
- Application Materials
Current LRAP Participants
LRAP participants are required to keep DCBF updated with all current information, including salary, joint income, home address and employment, to name a few. Email all updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LRAP participants must certify at least four times a year that they are still eligible for the program. You will receive a notification via email when the link to the online certification form is available, which will be approximately two weeks before the due date. Disbursements will NOT be mailed until we receive your certification and verify that you are still eligible for LRAP. The online system is only supported by Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Below is the certification and disbursement schedule for 2017 LRAP:
- January 2017: Awards announced; meeting with DCBF staff; loan packages signed; 1st disbursements received
- March 17, 2017: 1st Quarter Certification due
- End of March 2017: 2nd disbursements mailed
- June 16, 2017: Midyear Certification with employer certification form and six-month payment history (January through June 2017) due
- End of June 2017: 3rd disbursements mailed
- September 15, 2017: 3rd Quarter Certification due
- End of September 2017: 4th (and final) disbursements mailed
- December 15, 2017: End of Year Certification with employer certification form and six-month payment history cover sheet & documents (July through December 2017) due by 3:00 pm
- January 31, 2018: Forgiveness letters mailed