Applications and Reports
The application period for 2019 Mid-Year Loan Repayment Assistance Program For DC Residents is now open.
The application period for the 2019 Mid-Year Loan Repayment Assistance Program for DC residents only is now open. Applications are due April 1, 2019. The application materials are available below for reference.
- 2019 LRAP Guidelines
- Checklist and Common Application Mistakes document
- Example of School Loan Cover Sheet & Verification Documents
- PDF Version of 2019 LRAP Application (for reference only)
- Information on Eligible Employment
- Application Attachments:
- Attachment A: Employer Certification Form
- Attachment B: School Loan Cover Sheet
Current 2019 LRAP Participants
LRAP participants are required to keep DCBF updated with all current information, including salary, joint income, home address and employment, to name a few. Email all updates to email@example.com.
LRAP participants must certify at least four times a year that they are still eligible for the program. You will receive a notification via email when the link to the online certification form is available, which will be approximately two weeks before the due date. Disbursements will NOT be deposited until we receive your certification and verify that you are still eligible for LRAP. All certifications will be completed through our online system, which is supported by Internet Explorer and Safari. Questions about the online system can be answered here.
Below is the certification and disbursement schedule for 2019 LRAP:
- January 2019: Awards announced; meeting with DCBF staff; loan packages signed; 1st disbursements received
- March 18, 2019: 1st Quarter Certification due by 3:00 pm
- End of March 2019: 2nd disbursements deposited
- June 14, 2019: Midyear Certification with Employer Certification Form, Six-Month Payment History Cover Sheet, & Six-Month Payment History Verification (January through June 2018) due
- End of June 2019: 3rd disbursements deposited
- September 13, 2019: 3rd Quarter Certification due
- End of September 2019: 4th (and final) disbursements deposited
- December 13, 2019: End of Year Certification with Attachment A-Employer Certification Form (2018 LRAP 4th Quarter), Attachment B-Payment History Cover Sheet (2018 LRAP 4th Quarter), & Six-Month Payment History Verification Documents (July through December 2018).
- January 31, 2020: Forgiveness letters sent