The DC Bar Foundation (DCBF), a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1977, funds, supports, and improves legal representation for the poor, vulnerable, and otherwise disadvantaged in DC, and we are committed to the vision that residents of the District have equal access to justice, regardless of income. We provide grants, training, and technical assistance to DC legal aid organizations and award loans to DC poverty lawyers to help with their educational debt.
The Foundation is located in the WeWork community on M Street in SE Washington D.C., right next to the Navy Yard/Ballpark Metro Station (green line).
The Operations Manager will be responsible for efficient operations and administrative functions at the DC Bar Foundation. The job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee all office and internal functions including, but not limited to, business registration needs, accounts receivable and accounts payable, incoming mail, and main line telephone calls
• Operate as the primary administrator and point of contact for IOLTA database management and bank approval process
• Manage all aspects of certain committee meetings such as scheduling, agendas, reminders, materials, recording of minutes, and follow up items
• Serve as the assistant to the Executive Director by managing calendar appointments, making reservations, and providing other assistance as requested
• Manage Information Technology needs for the office
• Approve billing, process invoices, allocate expenses, and manage the SmarTrip benefit program
• Serve as the liaison for building and security matters, as well as external suppliers and service providers
• Manage interns and temporary employees
• Maintain electronic files and update Salesforce database
• Work alongside other Foundation departments to ensure smooth operations
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years’ experience managing office operations in a professional, non-profit environment
• Familiarity with Anybill, Expensify, Adobe, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan, coordinate, and manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and workload
• Ability to prioritize appropriately and understand when issues require escalation
• Ability to independently exercise mature, sound, professional judgement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled use of all office equipment including computers, scanners, printers, copiers, and phones
• Salary commensurate with market and experience
• Generous health coverage including paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
• Health Flexible Spending Account
• 401(k) retirement plan with matching contribution
• 12 paid holidays per year, plus annual office closing between Christmas and New Year’s
• 15 days of paid vacation
• Accrued sick leave
• Transportation subsidy
How to apply:
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. To apply, please visit the link below:
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position.
The DC Bar Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.